Marshall County Promise Family Enrollment Guide
Marshall County is coming together to support kindergarten and first grade students in the six county school corporations in the development of their college and career identity through college and career discovery, academic readiness, and educational savings.
- To help students dream big and prepare them for the future
- To come together as a community to celebrate their dreams
- To make it easy for families to establish college savings accounts and support savings for education beyond high school (trade school, certification, degree)
- Enroll your kindergarten or first grade student in Promise Indiana during a school event or online at www.marshallcountypromise.org
- Computers will be available at your school for this purpose during the event.
- Follow the link after the online Promise Indiana enrollment or through the confirmation email sent to you to enroll in CollegeChoice 529 and establish your students account. This can be done at school immediately after Promise Indiana enrollment or from home at a later time. Please note – if you intend to complete the CollegeChoice 529 enrollment at school you will need yours and your student’s social security number.
ENROLLMENT INCENTIVE / JUMP START YOUR SAVINGS
- Just for completing enrollment in Promise Indiana and CollegeChoice 529, Marshall County Promise will make a $25 investment in your students account. (There is a separate form to complete to sign up for this program for those who already have CollegeChoice 529 account.)
- No other deposit is required to receive this enrollment incentive
- Incentives will be deposited into the students’ CollegeChoice 529 account by the end of January 2018, and will appear on their statements and online account at that time
For Second Graders: ENGAGE YOUR CHAMPIONS and Receive COMMUNITY MATCHING GIFTS
- Open a CollegeChoice 529 account for your second grade child.
- In October, invite your student’s Champions (grandparents, friends, neighbors) to provide encouragement and to make an investment in the students future by contributing to their CollegeChoice 529 account (thru your account, click on Ugift to get a unique code that Champions can use to make deposits anytime free of charge)
- Promise Marshall County savers who raise and deposit $25 or more from their Champions will receive an additional community match of $25 for their educational savings (Accounts must reflect a contribution(s) totaling $25 during the Champion period of October 1-November 1. 2017 to qualify for the community matching gift)
- Indiana taxpayers can receive a state income tax credit equal to 20% of their contributions to a CollegeChoice 529 account, up to $1000 per year
ACTIVITIES FOR STUDENTS
Students will participate in age appropriate college and career curriculum in their classroom
Students will attend “Walk Into My Future” field trip to the campus of Ancilla College in September of 2017 to learn more about college and careers